Followers

zondag 23 januari 2011

Sally Hansen Purple Potion + my new Del Sol arrived!!

Hi ladies!


Just recently I discovered they started selling Sally Hansen at Kruidvat, yay! Kruidvat is a drugstore here in the Netherlands that sells Catrice, Rimmel, Essence, Gosh and some other stuff. They already had treatments from SH before, but since a week or 2 they sell SH X-treme wear line. Not like a whole lot, I think I saw about 10 shades, of which 70% was red or pink. Bummer! But they also had Purple Potion, the one I´m showing you today. Looking at the price tag I thought I was getting a heart attack. Ok, ok, that was a bit exaggerated, but I was a bit shocked. The price is 8 euro! Can you believe it? I think these cost around 3 dollars in the US, so you can almost buy 4 of these babies in the US for the same price you can buy 1 here in the Netherlands. Not fair! Well, I did bring Purple Potion home anyway and I´m glad I did! Love that color. Purple with blue flash. Not that I don´t have anything like that, but this is different from others I have. Luckily.


This is 2 coats. Application was good, which I almost always experience with Xtreme Wear from Sally Hansen. Drying time was average.


Gorgeous and vivid purple!!

When I was wearing this the sun was actually shining and at that moment the mail man came with my Del Sol Trick or Treat. I didn´t want to take of Purple Potion right away, but I did know I had to take advantage of the sun, otherwise it might take a long time before I could show you Trick or Treat. Del Sol polishes change color in the sun, so awesome! Most of their shades are frosts, which I don´t really like, but this one is a glitter, yay!
So I removed the polish from my ring fingers and applied Trick or Treat (which was released last Halloween, which won´t be a surprise with a name like this). It is rather sheer, so it needed 3 coats.

Here it is inside

An orange jelly with holo glitter. Pretty cool! It´s actually not a true orange, more of an amber shade I guess.

Then I went outside for pictures, and this is what I saw


It turned into plum/purple. Beautiful! It´s a shame you can not really see the holo glitter, because with that effect it´s even more awesome.

After this I ran inside again to see how fast it changed. Here´s the result.


As you can see, it changes back pretty fast.

All together I have to say I love both polishes. Will absolutely do a full manicure with the Del Sol when we have more sun out.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 opmerkingen:

  1. That's a great color and nice pictures of it, I was already wondering when it would show up on your blog! :)

    The Del Sol looks pretty cool as well, hope we get a bit more sun soon!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Haha, yes, I couldn't keep it untried for too long right?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen